A ribbon cutting is the ceremonial opening of a brand-new or newly-renovated/relocated business. You must be a current Chamber member in good standing for the Poway Chamber of Commerce to organize or participate in your ribbon cutting.
By hosting a ribbon cutting, you can: Introduce both the public and Chamber members to your business, announce your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Community Calendar, familiarize the public and Chamber members with your product/services, and begin/develop a customer base. Ribbon cutting ceremonies are free for our members.
The Poway Chamber will…
- Notify the Chamber’s Board of Directors and Ambassadors Committee of your event
- Notify local officials on your behalf
- List your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s online calendar and slider on our website
- Upon Request, provide a list of Chamber members for food, music, and promotional items.
- Bring the scissors, ribbon and PA system.
- Take pictures at the event and publish a photo in our newsletter, The Chamber Report
- Provide you with copies of the photos for your use.
While the Chamber will assist with the ribbon cutting, we strongly encourage you to conduct your own PR campaign to increase the attendance and awareness of your business’s opening. Please understand that you should not rely solely on the Chamber to attract your audience.
- Schedule your event using our ribbon cutting application at least two weeks in advance.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are usually the best days during the week for business people, not earlier than 8:00 a.m. and avoiding later evening functions unless this is the type business you have.
- Please be aware that holiday and weekend ribbon cuttings have low attendance from the business community, chamber staff may not be available.
- The Chamber highly recommends having giveaways, especially logo items that guests can take back to their offices. The Chamber is happy to provide you with members who can help you create gifts.
- Food and beverages are not required but many members provide them. The Poway Chamber strongly encourages you to use chamber members for Ribbon Cutting caterings. You can find an updated restaurant list at poway.com
- Providing music makes ribbon cuttings successful and brings more people to the event.
Please use the form below to apply for a ribbon cutting.